How to make a complaint:
Wilson Agents & Wilson Commercial aims to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention. You should first raise your issue with the Agent, Representative or Property Manager who is handling your business. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, there are a number of options to make a complaint to us.
You can contact us as follows:
By Telephone during Business Hours: 03 9528 8888
By Email: email@example.com
By Post: PO Box 2224, Caulfield Junction, Vic, 3161
Please provide as much detail as possible about the nature of your complaint, including the following information:
- Your name, telephone number & email address;
- The name of the Agent, Representative or Property Manager who manages your business and responded to your complaint initially;
- Whether your complaint relates to our people, services, website, communications or another matter;
- As much detail as possible about your complaint and the events leading up to it;
- Any documents or other information relevant to your complaint;
- How we can best resolve this issue for you & the outcome you would like to see.
If you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please feel free to contact us.
How we will handle your complaint:
Our Director, Adam Guest will oversee the complaints process. This person is responsible for working with you and the relevant agency staff to ensure that the issues you raise are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.
We will treat this process, all the details of your complaint, and all documents provided by you to us in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of the agency, we will obtain your consent first.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. We may request additional information or documentation from you, and sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
How long will it take:
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However the length of this time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
We will send you an acknowledgement of the complaint within two business days.
We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter and we will endeavour to finalize the matter within five business days.
What action will be taken in response to your complaint:
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide on what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things we might do include:
- Take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
- Provide you with additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it;
- Take steps to change our policies or procedures if you complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
What if you’re still unhappy?
Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter to the Estate Agents Resolution Service (EARS) at Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV).
EARS is able to deal with enquiries and complaints about real estate agents. The service has been established within CAV to offer a dedicated service for information, advice and dispute resolution on real estate issues.
You can telephone EARS on 1300 73 70 30 weekdays to discuss your complaint.